Track A participants select ONLY 150 hours. Training is 6 CE/Clock Hours per day. Time of training is typically 8:30 am (registration), class 9:00 am to 4:30 pm with a 15 min break in the morning, one-hour lunch break, and 15 min break in the afternoon.
Track A is the fast track to becoming a Registered Play Therapist. When you sign up for Track A, you will complete 150 hours of training. There are a few workshops that are not designated as Track A. Track A participants continue to take training until they complete the 150 hours. How long it takes depends on the individual, but you must complete your 150 hours within 2 years of beginning. If you miss a session, you may take the same training the next time it is offered or replace it with an alternate training. Average completion of the Track A program takes 12-24 months. We also offer a Play Therapy Summer Boot Camp (part of Track A) where you may accrue 60 or more hours of training. A few workshops are offered via live or recorded webinars.
CBPS is approved by the District of Columbia and the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Category I continuing education programs; CBPS is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. CBPS solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider #5763; approved by the National Association of School Psychologists, approval #1067; approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences in California to offer CEUs for MFCCs and LCSWs. Approval #PCE 1466. CBPS is recognized by SED’s State Board for Social Work in New York as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (provider #0122). APT Approved Provider 97-034 for Play Therapists. CBPS maintains responsibility for all training.
We are also an approved provider for social workers, psychologists (in MD, VA, PA, and most states) and LPCs nation-wide. Please consult your state licensure board for more information or call us.
Approved for Clock Hours for Art Therapists (LCAT, ATR-BC) through NBCC.
Training takes place in: Baltimore, MD; Mitchellville, MD; Millersville, MD; Prince Frederick, MD; Towson, MD; Brooklyn, NY; Lignum, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; and Jamaica, WI.
Why Choose Track A with CBPS?
Our program stands out from the rest!
- We offer LIVE, hands-on training with videos of actual cases
- Master trainer, Garry Landreth, LPC, RPT-S is one of our distinguished guest faculty
- Summer Play Therapy Boot Camp offering at least 30 Clock Hours/CE Hours
- Some of our sessions include experiential with actual children at certain locations
- Payment plan for those who aren’t able to pay lump sum
- At least three training locations to choose from
- Series of five Trauma related play therapy training as part of the series
- On-site training when requested
- Periodically, FREE introductory play therapy workshops for the community
- CE /Clock Hours for licensure renewal in addition to APT hours
- Personal, one-on-one play therapy training in an actual play room at some of our locations.
- Webinars are included
- Series include art, sandtray, and play therapy
- Opportunity to attend International Play Therapy conference at a reduced rate (does not include travel costs)
On-site training is also available! Call us to set up a customized on-site training at your facility.