- This event has passed.
Use of Art to Understand Child Development in Play Therapy – Beginner in MD
February 10 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$150
- EARLY BIRD (until February 2, 2017): $125.00
- LATE REGISTRATION (February 3 and after): $150.00
This workshop will review several theories of child graphic developmental theories and look at how these can reflect cognitive, social and emotional milestones for children in play therapy. Clinical evaluation of children using the “Art Experience” will be experientially explored. Case examples and art techniques for various age groups/clinical populations will be presented and discussed. Additionally, this workshop will discuss principles of play therapy and how to integrate art in play therapy.
- Identify various graphic developmental theories in relation to child’s cognitive, social and emotional development in play therapy
- Analyze children’s art in play therapy from a developmental perspective
- Demonstrate and practice child related art techniques from a developmental perspective
- Demonstrate how to integrate art in the play therapy process.
- Identify procedure for storing and safe keeping of children’s art work in play therapy
- State guidelines to share with parents regarding discussing child’s art work at home
Presenter: Peggy Kolodny, ATR-BC, LCPAT
Peggy Kolodny MA ATR-BC, LCPAT is a licensed Board Certified Art Psychotherapist with over 34 years trauma focused clinical experience across the lifespan. Trained in Level 2 EMDR, she has just completed Level 2 IFS. She is adjunct faculty at the School of Social Work for University of Maryland. She is the founder of Art Therapy Collective, a private practice in Maryland.
ADA Accommodations: Please let us know at least three weeks in advance of ADA needs.
Cancellation Policy: Written cancellation must be received in our office at least ten working days prior to the training. A $25.00 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. Otherwise, a voucher will be given. If you do not notify us a minimum of ten business days prior to the training of your intent to cancel, you will not receive a refund or credit.
Social Workers/Psychologists/MFCCs/Play Therapists CE Hours: 6
NBCC: 6 Clock Hours/0.6 CEUs
CBPS is approved by the District of Columbia and the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Category I continuing education programs; CBPS is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. CBPS solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider #5763; approved by the National Association of School Psychologists, approval #1067. APT Approved Provider 97-034. CBPS is recognized by SED’s State Board for Social Work, provider #0122 and Mental Health Counselors, provider #MHC-0009 in New York. CBPS maintains responsibility for this training.